Ketosis is a natural and healthy method of metabolism in which the body burns its own fat instead of glucose. It takes place when the carbohydrates are restricted and the body lacks glucose, the liver is forced to produce ketones. In normal course rise of ketones can be due to starvation, type 1 diabetes and also by excess alcoholism. Ketones are acidic chemicals that can increase blood acidity which can cause liver and kidney damage or other urinary problems.
Ketogenic Diet Benefits
Ketogenic diet is the type of food that allows the body to get into the state of ketosis and help in the burning of excess fat for energy and weight loss. Ketogenic foods are powerful for metabolism. They constitute a diet of healthy delicious and natural food products. The basic foods included in this plan are:
- Lean meats like beef and chicken
- Foods rich in protein and fats like eggs, butter, coconut oil and avocado
- Leafy vegetables like spinach, and chard
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.
- Seeds, nuts, sprouts and other foods that give healthy protein, fats and nutrients.
Ketogenic diet plan limits the use of foods containing high carbohydrates, sugars and..Read More