People who prepare their meals by following the keto diet experience major improvements to their health and weight loss. However, eating nothing but low-carb, high-fat foods can get repetitive after a while. If you like to eat keto fried bacon and eggs in the morning but are getting tired of preparing them the same way, this article will help you expand your collection of ketogenic breakfast recipes with a delicious new entry. The following recipe for fried bacon and eggs brings out the unique flavors of both ingredients, while also retaining their nutritional value, and the addition of carrots and onions fits them surprisingly well.
As with most other ketogenic breakfast recipes, it’s simple enough for you to add some more variety to the process once you’ve gotten familiar with it. It’s also so easy to prepare and clean up that you’ll often find yourself wanting to fry some bacon and eggs in the middle of the day, not just in the morning. If you need more options for your ketogenic breakfast, you can take a look spinach omelet with white eggs recipe here. For more recipes for breakfast, visit our ketogenic breakfast recipes category.
Fried Bacon and Eggs
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 8 slices Bacon
- 1 carrot
- ½ cup Broccoli (chopped)
- ½ cup Celery (chopped)
- ½ White Onion (chopped)
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cheese (Shredded)
- Slice pieces of meaty bacon into smaller strips across the grain.
- Belt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Put the peeled carrot, broccoli and celery inside the pan to sauté in the butter for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables start to caramelize and bacon becomes crisp around the edges. Remember to stir frequently.
- Spread everything evenly on the frying pan.
- Free some room in each quarter section for eggs. Break an egg into each resulting space.
- Keep cooking until the eggs are nearly done. If you prefer cooked yolks, put the lid over the frying pan and wait for the eggs to cook through in steam.
- Otherwise, just let the whites cook and turn the eggs over to leave the yolk mostly liquid.
- Once the eggs are nearly ready, spread the shredded cheese evenly on top and leave it until it melts. You can turn the heat off or leave it for a while longer depending on your preference.
- Finally, serve the hot meal and enjoy a delicious new entry to your collection of healthy ketogenic breakfast recipes.
Even though they contain a significant amount of carbohydrates, vegetables are essential to most ketogenic breakfast recipes. Broccoli is one of the best choices because it’s relatively low-carb when compared to most other vegetables, but it can also be replaced with cauliflower or some other type of green leafy vegetables.
Carrots and celery can also be replaced with a similar amount of turnips. Cut them up and cook them together with onions, long enough to see them caramelize. The result will be just as delicious and add some much-needed variety to your breakfast table and the rest of the ketogenic breakfast recipes.