Trying so hard to fit in a new diet plan? You might think that starting with low-carb diet plan means you won’t have so many tastes and delicious meals on your menu? Think again, because this extraordinary delicious Keto reuben casserole recipe will prove you wrong. I found out about it a year ago, and I tried it in so many different ways, and believe me – each time it got me stunned by its taste.
Keto Reuben Casserole Ingredients
Let me tell you first something about the recipe itself. Originally, it is conceived as a dip, not so much as a full meal. But, then someone smart enough came with an idea to turn this unique dip into a casserole! How long does it take to prepare this fantastic keto reuben casserole? Overall, 40 minutes (20 min for the preparation and 20 min for cooking). You will need the following ingredients:
Keto Reuben Casserole
- 1/2 pound Diced Corn Beef
- 1 can Drained Sauerkraut
- 2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light if possible)
- 1*8 oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Low-Sugar Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Pickle Brine
- 1/2 tbsp Caraway Seeds
- After the oven is ready, add the mayonnaise, ketchup and the cream cheese in the sauce pan and melt it on a low heat.
- While the cream cheese is melting slice the corned beef into 1/2″ chunks.
- When it’s melted, add the can of drained sauerkraut, a cup and a half of shredded swiss cheese and sliced corned beef. Mix well, until it all get one thick, homogeneous mass of cheese.
- Then, take the sauce pan off the heat and mix in the pickle brine, if you like (it’s not mandatory).
- If you don’t like the taste of pickles (or vinegar instead), you don’t have to put it. It’s up to you to decide.
- Pour the mixture into another greased dish and top it with remaining swiss cheese.
- Put a foil over the top and go straight into the oven. You will know it’s finished when the cheese it melted.
- Now, with this easy recipe you will be ready to go out in no time!
- Bon appetite!
Let me tell you something about the nutrition value for keto reuben casserole (I know you are eager to read how many calories, fats and stuff it has). For a 1/8 of a meal you get 360 ccal, and about 5% of carbs, 3% of NET carbs, 25 g of fat, 2 g of fiber and 14 g of protein per serving. A great meal for a lunch at work, or for nice dinner with your friends and family. Also, if you need more ketogenic recipes look at here: Ketogenic diet recipes
If you are one of those who doesn’t like to experiment with tastes and want the simplest taste possible, I recommend to exclude all ingredients you find too salty, or too spicy. You can use some other kind of cheese as well, and you must certainly be aware of nutritional value for each ingredient. Also, you can exclude ketchup and put a tomato puree instead. Have a nice meal!