Please don’t be afraid by the name, the dish is something you’ll enjoy and thank us later for sharing it with you. Fajitas are something which even if you haven’t tried; the look will force you to give it a try. Share it with your friend or enjoy it alone, Fajitas will entertain you in both the ways. Heading towards the ingredients I must confess I am already craving for it right now! You can enjoy this dish with your friends or make it for yourself, no one to disturb or share. I understand your feelings when you have to share your favorite recipe with someone else. So, feel free and enjoy. There is a lot of ketogenic recipes on the internet but we tried to be different for this time. Just have fun and keep an eye.
Ingredients for Keto Skirt Steak Fajitas
For the Filling
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 3 medium jalapenos
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 2 lbs. skirt steak
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- ½ tomatoes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. reduced sugar ketchup
- Liquid smoke of about 1 tbsp.
- Chopped garlic about 1 tbsp. or more if you want
- Salt and pepper
For the Tortillas
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. ground phylum husk
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- Garlic according to your taste
- Salt according to your taste
One quick advice with tortillas is, you’ve to be quick, or else the dough will break or form cracks. SO be quick with your hands.
Let’s Go to the Preparation
1) Slice the onion
2) Slice the bell pepper
3) Slice the jalapenos
4) Slice the red chili pepper
5) Take a crock-pot and put all the ingredients. You can add the ingredients layer-wise like, putting the layers of whole tomatoes then some onion and layering it with the steak and putting all the vegetables at last.
6) Let it cook for about 3-4 hours and stir up occasionally so that it doesn’t get stuck.
7) Once it’s done, take it out with forks and start working on the tortillas
8) Boil the chicken broth and mix it with the tortilla ingredients. Mix it to form dough and then cut out small or large or medium circles and deep-fry them in a pan on medium-low heat.
9) Now stuff your tortillas and enjoy
Make sure, you don’t over eat it as it deep-fried and has some spices too. You know right that too much anything is not good. So, enjoy!