Are you trying to desperately lose weight but nothings working for you? Well, the low carbohydrate diet might just be that one diet you were looking for. The low carb diet restricts the intake or consumption of carbohydrates like grains, sugar, fruits and vegetables rich in starch, etc. It encourages the replacement of these food with protein and fat rich food. It has a notable success rate and has proved to be good for other ailments too like heart diseases, cancer, etc. However, before you take on this programme it is better that you be informed.
Low Carbohydrate Diet Details: What to Eat and What Not to Eat?
It is important that when you undertake the low carbohydrate diet, you follow all the diet details. Here’s a list of the foods you need to avoid:
- Processed food
- Seed and.. vegetable oils
- Artificial sweetener and diet products
However, there are stuff you can eat and do not need to fast to lose weight. Listed below are some of the foods that you can consume:
- Meat: any and all kinds of meat like chicken, pork, beef etc.
- Fish: rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, fish is very nutritional and preferably go for salmon.
- Dairy products like cheese, cream, etc
- Fruits rich in vitamin c and also vegetables
- Potatoes: consume according to your diet plan
- Nuts like walnuts have to be consumed in moderation but are nutritional.
Sample Diet Plan:
- Breakfast: Eggs, scrambled, poached or made into an omelette in coconut oil. You can add some low carb vegetables to it.
- Lunch: You can either have leftover meat and vegetables or you can make a salad. Top your salad with a proper dressing like mayonnaise and mix it up with some meat. You can also have yoghurt.
- Dinner: Grilled chicken with vegetables or meatballs with vegetables.
You might encounter some health risks like constipation, dizziness, headache, weakness and even exhaustion. It might lead to some nutritional deficiencies and even lead to ketosis if the carbohydrate intake is less than 20 grams per day. Thus, it is imperative that you consult a doctor immediately when faced with these issues.
Low Carbohydrate Diet | Tips for Beginners
Following the low carbohydrate diet is not at all easy since you have to give up on your most favourite foods. Here are some tips that might help you to endure and follow this diet:
- Read up: before you even begin, read up on all the information you can get and make a list of what you can eat.
- Plan ahead: This not only saves time while shopping but also gives you a clear perspective of what you need to do, i.e. lose weight!
- Support is important: it won’t be surprising if you would feel like giving up and submit to your gluttony. Thus, getting some support is important.
The low carbohydrate diet has proved to be more effective more than any other diet. However, it is important that you go to a nutritionist if you have any doubts or if you encounter a problem. Get your friends or family to motivate you to follow this through. So, go ahead and lose some weight and look your fabulous self!