There are many types of dieting programs which guarantees results. If you want to follow certain diet program then you should do your research on the plan and know exactly what is needed and how it is to be followed to get the best out of the diet plan. For this reason if you want to follow a no carb diet then do not just go for it. First you should know about all the pros and cons and then decided if you want to adopt this plan or not.
What is No Carb Diet?
In a no carb diet you have to do is exclude all types of carbohydrate. With sufficient protein, Fat should be the main source of energy for your body. What this diet will do is make your body go into a state of ketosis. This means that during this state the dietary fat along with your body fat will be converted into ketone bodies which will be used to fuel your entire body.
No Carb Diet: For Short Period Only
No carb diet can make you lose a lot of unwanted weight fast but you should know that this type of dieting should be follow.. for a short period of time only. Your body will suffer from health hazards, confusion and also muscle cramping if you deny it carbohydrates. So, what you should do is use this dieting plan to lose the extra weight and adopt a low carb diet to maintain your weight.
Difference with Low Carb Diet
Low carb diet is a very popular choice of diet plan and it is a crowd favorite because it will show result. If you do a detailed searching and researching you will see that there are a lot of differences between low carb diet and no carb diet. The most notable one is that in low carb diet you will be allowed a limited amount of carbohydrate but in case of no carb diet, any type of carbohydrate is not allowed at all.
Foods Which are Allowed
- Meats like beef, pork, veal, duck etc
- Fish like salmon, halibut, trout etc
- Leafy green vegetables and also carrots, onions, mushroom etc
- Some fruits like raspberries, tomatoes are allowed along with fruits containing natural healthy fats like avocadoes are also allowed.
- In case of beverages only coffee and tea without milk and sugar is allowed along with coconut water and lemon water. Avoid milk, alcohol and fizzy drinks when on no carb diet.
Some Pros of No Carb Diet
- Fast weight loss.
- It will reduce water retention.
- There is no limit on protein and healthy fat intake.
Some Cons of No Carb Diet
- As everyone’s body is different many people on this diet has fainted while on this diet because this diet causes rapid drop in the blood pressure.
- Gout and Osteoporosis is very common side effect of a long term no carb diet.
- It can increase the risk of heart problems and high protein intake can also increase the cholesterol level.
Now that you have some idea about no carb diet, you can make a decision with your physician and dietitians that will it suit your body or not. If you decided to go for it, then make sure that you do it for a short time only and make sure to exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.